Ignite is the brainchild of a couple guys at O’Reilly and we are really lucky to have one organized locally. This is all about learning from the people in your community and getting more connected with the world around us.
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?
Ignite is an event where presenters talk about any topic they like. The best presentations are when the speaker has a passion for the topic and wants to inspire, educate or simply inform the audience. Each presentation is exactly 5 minutes long with 20 slides automatically advancing after just 15 seconds.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Ignite Bloomington is an event for geeks from all walks of life. Many of the participants are creatives and folks from the tech industry, but we have lawyers, entrepreneurs and educators as well. You just need an idea to share and the guts to get up in front of the room and tell everyone about it.
Ignite is a great way to meet new people and learn new things. We post videos of the local talks and share with the world.
WHO MAKES IT HAPPEN?
The event is coordinated and run by local volunteers who are connected to the global Ignite network. O’Reilly sponsors Ignite and is “a force for raising the collective IQ and building connections in each city.”
Was awesome and we hope you made it!!
Thursday September 27, 2012
- Hillary Elmore Cage @helmore - “Intro to Dressage or: Why is Horse Ballet in the Olympics?”
- Jeff Wuslich @jwuslich - “Favors: for fun and profit.”
- Cassaundra Huskey - ”The Value of Your Home”
- Kyle Bowen @kyledbowen - ”The Digital Death of Conversation.”
- Chris Howell @chrishowell91 - “Little Moments”
- Danise Alano-Martin @d_alanomartin - “Crunch Time: My Story as a (Sometime) Demolition Derby Driver”
- Sue Aquila @fewoman - “Living the Dream: Entrepreneurship to Ironman World Championship.”
- Benedict Jones @bennynova - ”Hack Your Brain for Positivity”
- Larry Buchanan @larrybuch – “Cheating on your day job: the importance of side projects.”
- Kelley School of Business – Customer Interface Lab
- Bloomington Technology Partnership
- Allstate – Tim Hogan
- The Gayle & Bill Cook Center for Entrepreneurship (Facebook)
- Regions (@askRegions)
- the LB’s
- SproutBox (@SproutBox)
- WhimMill (@WhimMill)
"Ignite your brain in 5 minutes!"